Our client requirement was to solve their desktop management environment. They aimed at minimizing cyclic renewal cost while maximizing their desktop hardware lifespan. They wanted to give their employees wider access, simplifying management of hardware and increasing renewal cost.
Our clients initially used a network gigabit unified network. Later they deployed virtual server infrastructure and a virtual desktop infrastructure. Then we implemented Thin Client desktop terminals into the client’s environment.
- Marvell Kirkwood 88F6282 processor
- SiS VOLARI-Z11 graphic controller connected via PCI-e
- Interfaces: 4xUSB 2.0 + 1 USB 2.0 for Security Token, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth, 2x Gigabit Ethernet, DVI, RS232
- Develop two software solutions: a full-featured OS based on the ARM Debian 6.0 and compact custom distribution based on Open Embedded. Both solutions are based on the kernel version 2.6.39 and the Xfce window manager
- Integrate Rdesktop / Citrix Receiver for Linux / VMware View Open terminal clients
- Directly on the thin client can be run Web browser (firefox), Multimedia players (vlc, mplayer, beepmp), Linphone VoIP/SIP client
- Linux kernel port to target hardware
- PCI-e graphic card driver integration
By the application of virtual desktop infrastructure with IT thin client terminals, the IT architecture was simplified. With IT’s virtual desktop solution, created a simplified infrastructure for the client.