Electric Vehicle charging System
EV charging systems are one of the requirements for the wider adoption of EVs. Fast charging systems and their associated products and solutions are becoming an active field of development at many companies. There is also a need to put in place the charging infrastructure required for wider use of EVs in the future. Meanwhile, issues that are still to be resolved include network management of charging units installed by various operators around the world and the construction of systems for charging unit user identification, billing, and payment.
EV charging solution has been developed in response to these requirements. The solution includes the development of a charging unit based on power electronics technology as well as the management and operation of charging units based on control and information technology and a charging unit management solution that provides user services. Our EV charging systems include charging networks such as DBT, Charge Point, and ECOtality. These EV charging networks focus on providing EV chargers with the ability to identify users and take payments for public charging. The system is neutral about the hardware, the control center and network that interconnect it with all the parts of the system.
Features of the Solution:
- A comprehensive set of basic functions for charging unit management
- System is independent of charging unit supplier
- Service platform is designed for operational efficiency
- Integration with existing commercial systems
- Integration and expandability for creating the next generation of smart cities.
Challenges and its Solutions:
Beyond the critical requirements to keep the power usage within the safety requirements dictated by the local circuits, this EV charging system is neutral concerning the actual charge scheduling. Any relevant information can be used to influence any relevant type of algorithm to schedule the charging. Charge scheduling could be influenced by user demands, power prices, and grid requirements in the form of price or DR signals, consumption or the availability of alternative energy resources. Highly developed algorithms may use the forecasting of all the above conditions to take the charge scheduling to another level. Therefore the scheduling algorithms will be constrained by available resources such as computing power, bandwidth capacity, and data availability.
Benefits of the Solution:
- In the current system, the server not only keeps a database of account holders to allow login in and charging, but tracks their usage such as connect time, leave time, amount of power used, whether the EV was fully charged, and the amount of current the EV used over time.
- The EVSEs allows multiple EVs to share a single circuit and available grid capacity.
- The control system is both network and hardware neutral and can connect to other devices and systems through the internet for data gathering and information exchange.