Security Watch or Cam Pack is the surveillance App/Device that turns your iPhone into an instant spy. Use the Bluetooth Camera Device to stream live of what’s happening behind you. Perfect for situations when you feel the person is suspicious or ready to rob/assault you from behind. The device is worn like an watch on your wrist. The device captures the video and transmits to Mobile App through Bluetooth. The App takes care of the rest. The app has a panic button which calls to 911 immediately in case of any danger.
- Stream Video: Security Cam links two devices (Phone and Embedded Device) together to create an instant surveillance camera setup. Set up in an inconspicuous spot through the wrist where the device will be worn and watch on your mobile app.
- Record Video: You can discreetly control recording and streaming and Recorded videos save to the streaming the Phone’s app storage.
- Wireless: Using Bluetooth to connect the devices makes Security Cam extremely versatile. Set up the surveillance App anywhere – no Wi-Fi or carrier signal needed. Connects to your smartphone wirelessly.
- Upload And Share: What fun is secretly recording video if no one sees it? Upload captured videos to your contact in case of any emergency. Once you hit the panic button on your mobile app, the App takes care of the rest.
- Be Protected: In case of any emergencies just hit the call 911 button on your mobile and the police arrive at your place within minutes. The police will also be intimated with your exact location since they have your GPS location through the mobile.
Security Cam Device
Lot of R&D was put into making the device. The main objective was to capture the video and send it to the Mobile App. But How? The first part of the project was to capture the video, for that we tried the camera TTL Serial JPEG Camera with NTSC Video. It was designed to be used in security systems and does two main things – it outputs NTSC video and can take snapshots of that video (in color) and transmit them over the TTL serial link.
Figure 1.TTL Serial JPEG Camera with NTSC VideoSystem
You can snap pictures at 640×480, 320×240 or 160×120 and they’re pre-compressed JPEG images which makes them nice and small and easy to store on an SD card. One nice thing about this particular camera is all the ‘extras’ that come with it. For example it has manually adjustable focus, auto-white-balance, auto-brightness and auto-contrast taken care of for you as well as motion detection built in! That means you can have it alert your project when something moved in the frame.
- Frame speed: 640*480 30fps
- Scan mode: Progressive scan
- Viewing angle: 60 degrees
- Monitoring distance: 10 meters, maximum 15meters (adjustable)
- Image size: VGA (640*480), QVGA (320*240), QQVGA (160*120)
- Baud rate: Default 38400 (the datasheet claims you can change the baud rate with a command but it does not work reliably)
- Current draw: 75mA
- Operating voltage: DC +5V
- Communication: 3.3V TTL (Three wire TX, RX, GND)
- Microcontroller – Freescale’s mk20dx256
- Bluetooth – Nordic Semiconductor’s nRF 51422
- Camera – OV7670
- Display ST7735