IoT enabled Smart Smoke Detector
With the smart revolution, the smart smoke detector is easy to install and cost-effective solution with many features and is reliable and responsive. Along with detecting smoke caused by fires, the smart smoke detectors can collect and analyze data. The smart smoke alarms can be coupled with other smart security gadgets to ensure enhanced security. These devices aren’t just useful to residents and companies, they are improving the service of companies that manage and protect those buildings too.
MQ2 gas sensor detects smoke and leakage of combustible gas and outputs its reading as an analog voltage. The sensor can measure concentrations of flammable gas of 300 to 10,000 ppm. The MQ-2 gas sensor is sensitive to LPG, i-butane, propane, methane, alcohol, hydrogen and smoke. A Wi-Fi microchip is used to read the sensor data and forward it to an IoT analytics platform using MQTT. The Wi-Fi microchip triggers the alarm with a flashing red LED if the gas concentration exceeds the preset calibrated threshold value. IoT analytics platform initiates an action to call Cloud communications platform API to send SMS notification. The IoT analytics platform provides a feature to visualize the data forwarded by Wi-Fi microchip.
- When your smoke alarm is triggered, there is an option to turn it off from the App.
- When the smoke alarm detects fire it will send automatic fire detection alerts.
- Levels of Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, etc can be detected and monitored.
- When a fire is detected, the smoke alarm connects to the authorities to get the emergency
- Smoke alarm can be connected to other safety products in home to make them work together
to act in case of emergency and create a network of smart safety products.