Faststream Technologies AXI VIP can be used to verify connectivity and basic functionality of AXI masters and AXI slaves with the custom RTL design flow. It also supports Passthrough mode which transparently allows the user to monitor transaction information/throughput or drive active stimulus. The AXI VIP provides example test benches and tests that demonstrate the abilities of AXI3, AXI4, and AXI4-Lite. These examples can be used as a starting point to create tests for custom RTL design with AXI3, AXI4, and AXI4-Lite interface. The examples can be accessed from IP Integrator.
- HMC Device Model features:
- Fully compliant with the HMC Specification v1.0
- 128-bit parallel interface for Transmit and Receive of packets/flits.
- Supports Transaction layer initialization.
- Supports the full set of commands specified by the HMC specification:
- Mode Read
- Mode Write
- Posted Writes Write16/32/48/64/80/96/112/128
- Error detection for CRC/Length/Sequence.
- Error Injection at the HMC Device Model to test error detection and handling of the Host Controller.
- Supports Link layer functions like Link Retry, Error Abort Mode.
- Supports programmable settings for Link Failures and Link Retry.
- Built-in support for Retry buffers and Link Input buffers.
- Built-in support for Mode Registers needed to configure the Device Model.
- Reports Error statistics and Error responses.
- Generates responses to Reads/Write requests and Mode Read/Write requests, Retry requests.
- HMC Analyzer Features:
- Fully Compliant with HMC specification v1.0.
- Two 128-bit parallel interfaces to snoop the HMC Transmit and Receive busses.
- Monitors the HMC interfaces for transactions that take place on them.
- Transmit and Receive interface monitoring independent of each other.
- Performs CRC checks on the received packets/flits and flags errors when corrupted packets are detected.
- Flags errors if packets/flits have malformed headers/tails.
- Monitors and reports commands
- Configurable parameters such as Verbosity levels, Threshold timers, retry error threshold limits and Coverage.
- Supports three verbosity levels which change the amount of information printed in the logs.
- Supports checking of Tag ID, Link ID and the Sequence number of packets.
- Reports errors if Non-posted packet does not receive any response within a time frame or End of Simulation.
- Transactions and Coverage reports displayed at the End of Simulation.
- Performance statistics of the Device/Host such as Bandwidth/Speed are displayed.
- Seamless integration with OVM/UVM Verification Environments.
- Configurable components for easy creation of multiple instances of VIP.
- Configuration options for easy controllability of the VIP.
- Supports Directed, Random and Constrained Random testing.
- Built-in Functional coverage to facilitate functional verification analysis.
- Enables verification at IP-level, SoC, and System-level.
- Documentation with Example codes for test benches and test cases.
- Complete regression suite containing all the AXI3/AXI4 test cases.
- Examples showing how to connect various components, and usage of BFM and Monitor.
- Detailed documentation of all class, task, and functions used in verification env.
- Documentation also contains User’s Guide and Release notes.